May 01, 2024, 04:05:13 pm

Author Topic: Achievments And Chating Rooms  (Read 16815 times)

Offline imeagless

• VIP

• STEAM_0:0:67724668
    • View Profile
Achievments And Chating Rooms
« on: July 18, 2014, 07:57:44 pm »
Hello! I was just thinking that this site need a chat room and some achievments. Achievments could get more people on the website to try and get every achievment and maybe you can get more karma for each achievment that you do. Achievments could be trophys that you could display. Some could be very hard and some could be very easy for the new site users. A chat room could also could help some of the users to talk to eachother that dont have teamspeak and it could get alot of people in one room to talk to eachother.

Note:Its a Idea...

(Sorry if in wrong place please move it)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 11:38:08 am by imeagless »

Offline LeanTofu

• Retired Moderator
  • VIP

• STEAM_0:0:40226623
    • View Profile
Re: Achievments And Chating Rooms
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 12:00:03 am »
Maybe would work if there were more than 3 people on at any given time
Mr.LeanTofu, Infinity Moderator
Please crush a can for Jay Owens
Your Mother's Onion

Offline Westicles

• Retired Administrator
  • VIP

• STEAM_0:1:28345935
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 04:03:51 pm »
ftp://
Maybe would work if there were more than 3 people on at any given time

^^^^^^^^
I agree with lean
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 04:07:13 pm by Westicles »

Offline Sgt.Soldier™

• Chocobo

• STEAM_0:1:41062954
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 11:15:22 am »
Hello! I was just thinking that this site need a chat room and some achievments. Achievments could get more people on the website to try and get every achievment and maybe you can get more karma for each achievment that you do. Achievments could be trophys that you could display. Some could be very hard and some could be very easy for the new site users. A chat room could also could help some of the users to talk to eachother that dont have teamspeak and it could get alot of people in one room to talk to eachother.

Note:Its a Idea...

I'm a bit late into this, but just to point out..  'Achievements' are a idea, it's a pretty common thing for forums. 'Paid' forums that is.. SMF is free and doesn't have this function nor is there a mod (That I'm aware of). So I don't really see this being a feature added since it would require coding. (Actually there is one,but I don't think we're going to be paying $30 a year for a mod.. pass..), the others I see one is for a different SMF Version and the other (might work,not sure depends how much changed in SMF.. probably would just require a few manual edits) is a manually giving out the award.

As per chatroom, I think you mean something that was previously suggested.. a shoutbox? I don't think this is really necessary.. I think a channel in TS3 for text-chat would be more likely. Not really fond of having a box on the board index for chatting. (Just my opinion though.. not sure how others feel).

Original Thread (Suggesting Shoutbox)

TeamSpeak 3 - ts3.infinity-css.com

Offline Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

• Server Admin

• STEAM_0:1:43861911
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2014, 05:27:01 am »
What is a forums anymore? Lawl

Offline Chezit

• Retired Sr.Staff
  • VIP

• STEAM_0:1:13143376
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 07:52:07 pm »
the fuck is a plue ;)

Offline Sgt.Soldier™

• Chocobo

• STEAM_0:1:41062954
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2016, 04:55:51 am »
As stated above, achievements would require coding which we aren't currently willing to do and we are not paying for a thirdparty mod for this function, furthermore concerning 'chatting rooms', we don't really want to experiment with new features such as a shoutbox at the moment as it could impact the community in a bad way. Thanks for the suggestion!

TeamSpeak 3 - ts3.infinity-css.com